Thursday, December 16, 2004

I Feel Pretty

Check me out!

Well, actually check out what Pony so graciously designed for me.

When Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven first unveiled his new Pony design I was insanely jealous. My blue and tan Blogger template worked well enough to get my words across, but I was getting a little tired of seeing the same template over and over again.

So what's a girl to do to coerce a talented man to do her work? Could she flirt? Hint? Flatter? Cajole?

Well, this girl just blatantly begged for a little Pony loving. *ahem* Not that type.

But don't take my word for it. Here's the scoop on the new design, straight from the horse's--I MEAN--pony's mouth.

*****

When Tuna Girl first hinted at me doing a Blogger template for her, I was a bit at a loss as to what to say, much less what to actually design. So often, as a designer, I need to sleep with the person to get a feel of their personality. Tuna Girl is very attractive but also very female and very married, so this research method was very useless.

I asked her how she started using the name "Tuna Girl". It was a boring story that I don't even remember.

I really wanted to do this for her, but hadn't any idea what to design.

Then, one day in the grocery store in the canned food section, I knocked over an entire shelf of StarKist tuna cans onto the floor. Besides creating an amazing racket and mess, I created inspiration.

Before you say it: Yes, I know that it looks more like a dolphin than a tuna. I tried to draw a tuna fish, I really did. I couldn't get it right. I left it as the dolphin because it's much cuter than a tuna and therefore more fitting given the radiant beauty of our hostess. Besides, I suppose it's darkly ironic, given that tuna nets are a dolphin's worst nightmare.

So, welcome to Tuna Girl's new look, inspired by a can of StarKist tuna.

--Ugly Pony

*****

Hmmm. Cute, radiant, beautiful, and darkly ironic? Yeah. I can live with that.

In all seriousness, Pony is an absolutely wonderful man. To have put his time, effort, and substantial talents into designing something that was just for me is above and beyond the call of friendship. And I didn't even have to sleep with him.

Thank you, Pony. You get a Tuna Girl seal of approval. MWUAH!

No comments: