Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Best Laid Plans

It's a damn good thing I had done all of my Santa shopping online before I got sick. Because there was no way I could have made it out to the stores before Christmas day. It would have been better if I had picked something up for my husband too. I felt awful that he was presentless on Christmas morning. But there just wasn't anything I could do about it.

I had lots of plans that didn't get fulfilled. I hate that. Tons of gifts I didn't buy. Boxes of decorations I never put up. Letters I didn't write.

Even now, I'd love to blog about this and that, but I have to pack.

Yes, that's right. Tomorrow I'm off to New York City for just a few days. Like Mardi Gras in New Orleans, New Year's Eve in Times Square is something you should do at least once in your life. Even if it sucks. Right?

Besides, the rest of my trip won't suck. I get to see Patrick and his new swanky apartment. My first order of business is to buy a box of tampons to leave way back in his bathroom closet. Every gay man should have some Tampax buried deep in their closet, don't you think?

I won't have any idea of my schedule until I get there, but if you're in the city and you have my cell phone number, give me a ring.

And have a happy New Year. If you're watching the ball drop on New Year's Eve, keep your eye out for us on the streets. We'll be the two very sober people looking confused at all the hub-bub.

Update: There are two things I've forgotten, and I want to mention them before I go away.

First, I just love Christmas cards from bloggers. They're always the best, sweetest, most creative kind. (Except for mine, of course. I just slap on a picture of my kids and call it a day.) Thanks, you guys!

Second, I know some of you were wondering about the decision I cryptically mentioned a few days ago. Well, we've made the decision on our part. Now everything is in the hands of the two separate entities that have a stake in the outcome. And I can't even cross my fingers one way or the other. It is just too complicated. Either way, something major is going to suck. And it will affect the blog, so you'll be the first to know. Or maybe, like, the third or fourth. Either way, keep a good thought.

No comments: