Monday, June 27, 2005

"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

I think this may be the longest I've ever gone without blogging.

At least not without some good reason like having surgery, going on a trip, or having marathon sex sessions with my vibrat...I MEAN...husband.

But I have been doing absolutely nothing but painting rooms, watching Queer as Folk DVDs, talking on the phone, and sleeping way too much.

Not much to blog about there.

Okay. There was last Thursday night when Patrick and I met up with one of his friends and spent an alcohol-soaked night in P-Town.

I guess that could make a good story because a couple of newlywed lesbians assumed Patrick's friend and I were a couple. We were chatting and when I thanked them for making room for her at the bar, they replied, "Well, we're all family."

Actually, we're not. Unless you're talking in the global sense. But how exactly do you announce that you're straight without sounding like some freaked our housewife?

"I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that."

I saw them out later at a dance club. They wanted to buy me a drink but I had had quite enough by that point.

Man, I felt like a fraud.

It made me think though. I am quite the chameleon.

I go out with Patrick and everyone assumes he's straight. I go out with a straight girlfriend and everyone assumes we're lesbians.

I think it's time to get my husband up here. But he's growing a goatee and is going to fit right in with the whole daddy crowd. When I go out with him, everyone is going to think I'm his fag hag for sure.

No comments: