Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Why does he always do that?

With four days until our tenth anniversary and eight days until his birthday, I asked my husband to avoid spending money this week. I want to make sure we have enough money left to go out for a nice night and still be able to pay our babysitter.

So what did he do?

Today he went to the BX and bought himself a new watch.

But first he left me phone messages, both on our machine and on my cell phone.

"Hi. It's me. I wanna buy a watch." Click.

I could only shake my head.

And then, after he decided to go ahead and buy the watch without my permission, (Ha!) he left another message.

"Hi. It's me. I'm trying to get a hold of you because I want to buy a watch. It's only $25. I hope you're not mad at me. I don't think you will be. Okay, I'm going to go buy it. I love you." Click.

I could only shake my head and laugh. It's not like I have ever begrudged him a purchase.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy him a watch for his birthday. Of course, if I had, I would have paid more than $25 for it.

Men. You got to love the big lug.

No comments: