Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Naughty Moms Need Fun Too

Tylenol PM to the rescue.

After a solid eight hours of sleep last night, I am feeling so much better today. I wonder if I will ever have a positive relationship with sleep.

It's a good thing I'm feeling more myself because today is one of those days.

It's report card day. I never know what to say to my daughter about her report card. She is so hyper-sensitive. But she is slipping a bit in both spelling and reading, things she supposedly excels at. She has too much going on. And I know it. But life has gotten out of control and I hate to reign it back for fear of cutting out what would benefit her the most.

We swore we wouldn't do this as parents.

She has softball practice tonight and I am dreading it! Her coach has taken something I love with all my heart and made me dread it. I kind of hate her. Next year, I'll coach.

The husband is flying today and going to class tonight. I'm going to use this alone time tonight to organize my thoughts and get even more back on track.

As I read over what I have written here I'm realizing something. I need to have some fun. I need to let loose a little. What I wouldn't give to have a local best friend who I could call to come on over and watch movies with me.

I think I'll plan an at-home date with my husband this weekend. No sex required. (Oh, okay. Maybe we can have sex too.)

No comments: