Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Bye Bye Birdie

I have a Valentine's Day wreath on my front door. It is made of twigs in the shape of a heart and covered by roses. Yup. I'm a little late switching it for my Easter wreath. But it will be staying right where it is for a while now.

I opened my front door tonight, and a bird flew right off the wreath. I don't know who was more startled, me or my feathery friend. I looked at the wreath through the screen and thought it was interesting that the bird had chosen to sit on the little decorative nest nestled in the wreath.

But, wait. My rose-covered heart doesn't have a decorative nest. This bird had chosen to build its nest, and lay its tiny little egg right on my front door.

I feel so bad for this little bird. It's home will be swinging in and out a dozen times a day. But I don't want to touch the nest, or the wreath, and make the mother abandon its egg.

When my husband comes home next week, he'll be all upset. For such a big tough guy, he has a tender spot on his heart for little animals. (What good is a husband who won't squish a little lizard or kill a tiny mouse? Huh? I ask you?)

That's all I have to share for now. Thanks for stopping by my little blog.

No comments: