Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Interior Decorating for Hockey Players

Last night I took the kids to my husband's hockey game. He played in college, so he's pretty talented, but he's really more of an "intimidater" than anything else. He likes to hang out in front of the crease and wait for garbage shots. He scored on a beautiful slap shot from the blue line. My kids love watching him play and they probably yelled "Daddy!" a hundred thousand times. I like watching him play because...well...it's hot.

We got home and put the kids to bed, and unfortunately, we missed the Bruins game. So I turned on Bravo to watch Significant Others (which I think is very funny) and the first 20 minutes of Queer Eye (because I like watching them make fun of the slobby straight guy). My husband hates the Bravo network, but loves me, so he watched. His first comment was that if I ever got those guys to come remake him, he'd kill me. My answer was that if I cared how he looked, I'd remake him.

While Ted was cooking we had this conversation:

Me: If I had to marry one of those guys, it would be Ted.

Him: Are you kidding?

Me: Hell no. He can cook. I'd never have to make my chicken casserole again.

**pause**

Me: What about you? If you HAD to?

Him: The decorator guy.

Me: Why? Do you think he's cute?

Him: No, he could redecorate the house.

Me: Ummm...what are you trying to tell me? You don't like the way I decorated our house? What is that supposed to mean?! Why do you even care what the house looks like! You're a straight guy!

Him: How the hell do you get me into these conversations?

No comments: