Thursday, July 20, 2006

This post is brought to you by...

It's product placement day here at Tuna Girl. These are some of the things the Tuna clan can't live without.

Neutrogena Cooling Mist Sunblock SPF 45: The daughter and I are pasty white. And we like it that way. Our milky white skin is best for showing off our freckles. This sunblock rocks. And it's easy to apply.

Speaking of stuff that really works...

Febreeze Air Effects: Our house stinks. Believe me. Between the oppressive smell of swamp that permeates the entire state and the scent that lingers from my husband's never-washed hockey bag, not to mention Buffy's contribution to the olfactory offense, sometimes I feel like I live in a locker room. A few pffts of Air Effects and it's all gone.

In fact I'm a sucker for...

Febreeze anything including Scent Stories, Tide, and Downey: The son hits the play button on the Scent Stories whenever he smells something he doesn't like. He's the stink police. And the laundry stuff can even get the musty smell out of clothes that have been washed but left wet in the machine for a week.

But so you don't think I never clean at all, we also love our...

Dyson vacuum: The best sucker of all time. And the best $450 we ever spent at the BX. But our carpets are pretty clean anyway. I swear, because we have a...

Ionic Breeze Quadra Air Purifier: I've had house guests who have told their friends about the dust-free state of my house. Seriously. And it's not because I'm working the Pledge and a rag. Believe me. My mother-in-law sent us one for Christmas. Best. Gift. Ever.

And now I have to throw in this one...

Tampax Super Plus (orange box): Considering all the Google searches I get for "tuna tampons" and "bloody tampons", I thought I'd let you know what's under my sink. And under the sink of every house I frequent. I even have some hidden away at his apartment that he'll never ever find.

When I'm using my Super Plus's I usually like to load up on...

General Foods International Coffees Viennese Chocolate Cafe: My daily does of 26 mg of caffeine, only available locally at Target. Actually, I've given this up for the most part. Now I only drink it as an occasional treat.

But this summer, my treat of choice has been...

PopSicle Sugar Free Tropicals: Yummy for moms and kids. With only 15 calories, these are actually zero Weight Watchers points. But how many points are they if you eat five at a time?

Speaking of zero points, I recently gave up drinking...

Diet Coke: Must they tempt me with all of these new flavors? I've learned that as long as I have a Diet Coke in the house, I won't freak out. I don't want to drink it. I just have to know that I could. I actually had nightmares while I was in NYC this summer that I couldn't find a single Diet Coke in the whole city.

And since I like to keep comfy year round...

Cuffy's Sweats: Like a warm hug from a good friend. There's nothing like turning the AC up to 67 and snuggling with my Cuffy's hoodie. And they now have an online store!

Cuffy's is Cape Cod and vacation time to me. And what better way to capture those then with my...

Cannon Digital Elph: Because there is nothing better than a decent quality digital camera that I can keep in my purse.

Speaking of expensive things in my purse...

iPod: Mine's a sad little 3rd generation 40G. But I still don't know how I ever lived without it.

And now my sad little iPod gets to hang out in a brand new...

Bose SoundDock: Yay for birthdays! If you think your music sounds good through those little ear buds, you should hear it projected through your home with the Bose speakers. Awesome.

And how do I have the time to listen to my music?

Anything featuring Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends: For the boy. And...

Littlest Pet Shop dot com: For the girl.

And when things get a little too crazy...

Grey Goose vodka: For me. And...

Jack Daniels: For the Tuna Man.

And since we're horny but sloppy drunks, let us not forget the most important thing...

The Hitachi Magic Wand makes me happy.

What can't you live without?

No comments: