Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jet Blue for One

Oh, did I forget to mention that I'd be in New York for a few days?

I have to admit that I'm more than a little sad. My husband and I had planned for months to make this trip together. He was really excited about it. He was going to run in the Pride Run with Patrick and he had been training for it for months.

Truly, he was making a huge effort on my behalf. He wants to get to know Patrick even better. And he wants to try to see why I love New York so much. He really wants to buy a place here someday and enjoy the city with me. He also wanted to experience a little bit of Pride.

Those are huge steps for a homebody like him.

But I'm here on my own and I certainly can't complain about getting to spend this time with my best friend. And I even got to see MAK, FARB and his blond bombshell last night. (All of whom are looking incredibly handsome.) I'm sure I'll see plenty more friends soon.

As for my kids, my mother practically tore them out of my arms. I was feeling guilty asking my parents to watch them for this extra long weekend and an extra long weekend in July, but she practically begged me to keep them even longer. It's hard to leave my kids, especially now that they're older and more fun to be around but...I don't know...

I'm going to have fun this weekend even if it kills me.

No comments: