Thursday, June 14, 2007

Quickies are Good Too

As I was writing yesterday's post, I was also talking on the phone with Patrick. I told him that I was writing about my daughter saying, "But he wouldn't focus!"

After a few minutes I sensed a being behind me. I turned to find my daughter scowling at me with her hands on her hips.

"I heard what you said about me."

Busted! I say a lot of things to Patrick that my kids shouldn't hear, but I'm usually sure they're not around.

"Oh, mind your business, little girl," I told her as I gently pushed her toward the television.

Doesn't she know that her whole purpose in life is to provide me with writing fodder? Jeesh. Some kids.

*****

My husband and I went on a date last night. Our first stop was to pick out new glasses for him.

I can now have sex with him again! Yay!

His new frames make him look hella cute. I'm so glad he's heading off to Iraq with cute, studious boy glasses.

*****

After dinner and electronics shopping we headed to Barnes & Noble where I received a funny voice mail from Patrick. It was made even funnier by the fact that he left it while my B&N curse was taking full affect!

If you're new around here and aren't familiar with my B&N curse, well, I ain't gonna tell ya about it. Go read the archives and find out on your own.

Gosh, darn, farbing curse! Though, I did have even something worse happen recently. But I'm not talking about that either.

UPDATE: Here's the other side of the phone call story. Too funny!

*****

Contrary to the fact that I've blogged about it twice in the past two days, I haven't been talking much to Patrick lately. In fact, I haven't been doing much of anything but spending time with my husband and kids.

It has been nice. I miss my friends a tiny bit, but I know I'll probably be driving them all crazy soon enough. But this family isolation has been very nice. If only we could become filthy rich and live the rest of our days just like this.

No comments: