Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Embarrassing Stories, Part 2

Seeing people at their lowest moments is a great way to get to know the real them. Don't you think?

For example, knottyboy shares some embarrassing moments (with video!) and makes us wonder how he's kept his pretty face. And you can't help but love him for it.

He reminded me of one of my finer moments. I wonder if it will offer insight into me.

During my senior year in college, my softball team attended spring training in Florida. My coach (who didn't even want us to know that she existed off of a softball field) surprised us by deciding to have a pool party at the home of her best friends from college. They had a beautiful home with an enclosed pool.

At some point, I decided that I needed to go to the bathroom. I got up from the side of the pool, dried my feet and hurried toward the bathroom.

And walked right into a closed glass door.

Luckily, I didn't go through the door. I didn't quite have enough speed going for that, (plus I weighed, like, 120 pounds back then). But I bounced of with a big "oof" and landed on the concrete patio.

Where I started laughing. Hard.

So hard that I wet myself. Right there in the middle of the party.

As much as my pride and my body were bruised, I had a bigger problem. We were on our way to the airport, and a four hour flight home.

I used my scrapes and bruises as an excuse to get some clean clothes out of the van. But I needed to clean up somehow.

I crept into their bathroom and took a sneaky shower. Don't ask me why I didn't just ask to use their shower. Maybe at 21 years of age I was still intimidated by a pair of massive bull dykes.

But I wasn't sneaky enough. My coach caught me and yelled at me for using the guest towels and I had to explain the whole I-don't-want-to-smell-like-piss-for-the-next-four-hours thing to her.

You know what? I just realized something. A lot of my stories involve pee. There's this one. And this one.

I guess I've been doing these Kegel exercises for something other than my sex life.

No comments: