Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Drag Princess

I came out of the bathroom yesterday and was greeted by this:



Apparently, my son won a game of Pretty Pretty Princess.

I immediately took this picture and e-mailed it to MAK with the caption, "All your fault." I was sure to CC Uncle Patrick too.

Not fifteen minutes later, I was working on the computer and talking on the phone when my daughter presented her brother with a flourish.

He was wearing a sparkly, purple ballet leotard with an attached tutu.

"I gave him the purple one because it was the closest I had to a blue one," my daughter explained.

I didn't take a picture of that. I actually thought my husband might be a little mad at me for preserving that moment for all time. He thinks it's mean to plan to embarrass them. But when I told him the story, he was laughing. "I hope MAK's new apartment is big enough for a coming out party."

My son will probably turn out to be the most butch straight guy you could ever meet. But, man, will he ever be accepting. He'll be the most enlightened straight guy ever.

That makes me proud.

No comments: