Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Things to Come

Last week I got just a little taste of what my life will be like next school year. And it was sweet! Oh, it was so sweet.

My husband made the executive decision last week to put our son in the extended day preschool program. This meant that I didn't have to pick him up at noon everyday. He stayed at school until 3 o'clock and I picked both of the kids up at the same time.

It's amazing how much more time I had!

On Wednesday, my husband and I went up to the school in the morning for our son's May Pole program. (He was absolutely adorable by the way.) I stayed at school until lunchtime doing some volunteer work. And then my husband asked me to meet him out for lunch "kid free!"

It was so nice.

We had separate cars so we both had to drive back to base. I tried to talk my husband into ditching work for the rest of the day, but he's too damn reliable. And guilty. So as I turned onto our road, I gave him a little wave.

Not long after I heard his truck pull up. When he entered the house I called out to him that I was in the bathroom. I finished up and opened the door only to find him sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at me. He looked...serious.

"Okay, what's wrong now? You want to talk, don't you?" I asked him.

"Nope. I want to fuck."

And with an "eep" from me, he threw me on the bed and had his way with me.

When we were done, I asked him, "But what about work?"

"Ha!" he told me. "I was planning on doing this the whole time I was following you home. But when we pulled on base I felt guilty and decided to at least go check my e-mail."

"So the sight of my bumper really turned you on, huh?"

"You know I'm an ass man!" he replied.

And then with a self-satisfied smirk he said, "See, if we had put him in after care all year, we could have been doing this every day."

Let's see. There are eight days of school left. At eleven dollars a day.

I could afford 88 bucks for a daily nooner.

And now I'm really looking forward to my son starting full-day Kindergarten.

No comments: