Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spring Break! Woo Hoo!

I'm finally going to Hawaii. For Spring Break. Woo hoo!

My husband travels domestically all the time with his new job. A while ago he mentioned the possibility of me joining him in Vegas. But then he found out that he will be going to Hawaii in March and thought that sounded even better.

As it turns out, the kids will be on Spring Break that same week. But my mom offered to come take them for the week. In fact, she's going to fly in and fly them back to Boston with her. She's even mentioned taking them skiing.

Sounds good to me.

The only problem is that my husband doesn't have his plane tickets yet and won't get them for a while. But I can't wait that long to get mine. So I am now the proud owner of tickets to Hawaii and faith that I won't be going alone. I have a compact car reserved, but no place to stay yet.

Considering how many times my husband's travel plans get changed I'm pretty convinced that I'll be cancelling all these plans. But he insists that if that does happen, I should go to Hawaii on my own.

Sure. That will be fun. Hawaii all by myself. That's not depressing at all.

Of course, I've never actually been on a trip for Spring Break before. I spent all my college Spring Breaks at softball spring training. So if you have connections for a place to stay in Hawaii, be on call.

You might just be spending Spring Break (woo hoo!) with me.

No comments: