Sunday, March 20, 2005

Update

My husband's friend's wife called me back.

That poor, poor woman. Everything that could possibly go wrong during a deployment has gone wrong for her. She had to rush home for a family emergency, her car died, her hot water heater died, she can't find a job, and she has absolutely no support from the base.

I think she really needed someone to talk to. And I'm glad she was able to talk to me. But my script was in the other room and there were a couple of lulls in the conversation where we both just giggled. But all in all, we had a good talk.

I told her to call me again, anytime if something else bad happened. And I told her to call if she just felt like talking again. And I will probably give her a call in a week and check up on her.

But I was telling Patrick, I wish I could send her some of you guys. You're support helps me so much. Even when things are fine, I know that if they weren't fine, I'd have a bunch of you at my back. I'd be getting phone calls, and E-mails, and comments. I wish I could share you with her.

But I can't. That's just the way the situation is. Because I chose to be completely candid and somewhat anonymous in my blog, I just can't go sending my URL to people in my real life.

But I can ask you guys to send some positive vibes her way. Or maybe if I can just take the energy that you guys infuse in me, and share it with her, that will help in some small way.

Oh, god. I feel for this woman. I really do.

*****

Speaking of military wifedom, my post from yesterday was quoted and linked in a VFW ladies auxiliary blog. That is very cool, but it also makes me very nervous. If my blog came back to bite my husband's career in the ass, I would never ever forgive myself.

By the way, one of my favorite blogs, Great Googly Moogly, was quoted too.

*****

Speaking of saying things that will bite my husband's career in the ass...

For all of you who asked, when I said that I made my own lubricant, I was referring to the natural kind. Ummm. You know. The natural kind.

And now that I'm blushing...

****

I've gotten a little behind in answering comments and E-mail. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm drowning in comments and E-mail. But I'm working on replies. Don't give up on me.

But let me take this opportunity to thank you guys for all the congratulations you heaped on me for my blogoversary.

Take care, y'all.

No comments: