Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Back with the Housewives and Old Men

It's funny that I was just talking about being motivated the other day. Because I may have been talking about it, but I sure as hell wasn't living it.

But then something happened to change all that.

Yesterday at my daughter's cast party, a friend made a point of coming up to me to say, "How are you doing? You've lost a lot of weight haven't you? You look great!"

It's amazing how a little positive reinforcement can re-ignite a dying fire.

The truth is that I lost 30 pounds last year, without even really realizing it. I'd be proud except that I have a hard time admitting that my weight ever got as high as it did. On Dec 22, 2003, I wrote a little note for myself and stuck it on my fridge. I wrote "Highest weight ever:" along with the number and the date.

Then I promptly forgot about it.

I found it this past December and was amazed. Thirty pounds is nothing to sneeze at.

Now, I'm back at it again.

I went to the gym today. I had a good work out. My son spent the time in Kid Fit Class and had a good work out too.

Woo hoo! Go, me!

I know myself well enough to know that now that I am working out again, I'll be happier and more productive in every aspect of my life. I'll get more sleep and eat better. I'll be motivated to start and complete projects. And I'll be hornier too. Though that last one doesn't do me much good.

And now that I've said all that on my blog, I have to stick with it. I'd be too embarrassed not to. Besides, my gym offers up too much blog fodder to ignore.

No comments: