Thursday, February 17, 2005

Put 'Em On Ice

Here's a post that most of you could care a less about.

Well, except maybe Jeff who won't get to ogle Brendan Shanahan for an entire hockey season. And Pua. Poor Pua. She has enough going on right now. And now hockey will be taken from her too. It's tragic.

The NHL season has been canceled.

This year for the first time since 1919 when a flu epidemic struck during the playoffs, the Stanley Cup will not be awarded to an NHL team. Coincidently, 1919 was also the last time the Red Sox were reigning World Series Champions.

Hockey has been a constant in our life for years now. It is something that my husband and I share a real passion for. So when he gets home, we won't be spending a couple of nights a week curled up on the couch watching our favorite game.

I guess we'll have to move to the bedroom and play our favorite game. Much like hockey there is holding, slap shots, and even roughing. But only he gets to spend time in the box.

Speaking of dicks...

My favorite sports fan informs me that this whole NHL fiasco is akin to two men each insisting that his dick is bigger. And since neither side could agree about the other's endowment, they all just decided they weren't playing anymore.

I'd be happy to settle that argument for them.

Whip 'em out boys.

I could go on and on about which side I think is right and why the endurance of the sport is more important than the issues on either side.

But I think I'd rather just fantasize about this measuring contest and spend my money to support the local minor league team.

When they come back in September they better be better than ever. They have a lot of fans to win back. And they're not going to be able to do it with just the size of their dicks.

No comments: