Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Time for a Rant!

I'd love to talk about anything else but this today. But it is on my mind, and I can't seem to shake it.

AH is driving me insane.

Everywhere we go (and she always seems to be everywhere I go) people ask her if she knows what her baby is yet.

And she always replies in the most dejected way possible, "It's a boy." She'll go on and on about how she had her heart set on having three girls. She'll go on and on about how awful boys are and how she is so disappointed.

I call her on this again and again. Just last night I lost it with her. "You better face reality!" I told her. "You're having a boy and that is all there is to it. Wishing it were a girl isn't going to change him into a girl. All your negativity can't be good for him. And someday you're going to look back and say that you can't imagine life without him."

She said, "Oh I know. I know. It's just that Asian boys are so bad. My brother blah blah blah."

I tuned her out when she started to make racist judgments about her own fucking son.

She told two other stories that night that made me want to shake her. I can't get them out of my mind and I wonder why they make me quite so angry. Maybe it is because I can't seem to pull away from this woman no matter how hard I try.

I don't even understand why she likes me. I keep yelling at her.

I feel bad for my poor husband and my best friend who have to listen to me rant about her all the time. Even CB hears some of it. And of course my poor blog readers have to read it from time to time.

So, I'm sorry. It's been a while since I posted something that is just a bunch of whiney crap. But here it is. For all to see.

I guess my life is pretty damn good if this is all I have to complain about.

No comments: