Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Can you feel the love?

I just put my son down for a nap. As I was closing his door, he called out, "I love you."

Yeah. My heart. In a puddle. All over the floor.

This tops off a five day love fest from my daughter who keeps saying things like, "I love you so much, Mommy," and "You're the best mommy ever."

And I'm leaving them for five days. Maybe it's Daddy's turn to feel the love.

Speaking of Daddy. I've told my husband this a couple of times, but I was reminded of it again recently.

When I was a kid, every time my mother pulled the car onto our street and saw my father's cruiser sitting in the driveway, she'd say, "Oh damn. He's home." Or if we were in the house and she heard his cruiser pull up, she'd say the same thing.

When I pull down my street and see my husband's fading SUV sitting in front of the house, I think, "Oh yay! He's home." Or if I hear the distinctive sound of his car pulling up, I think, "Oh thank god!" I almost always open the door for him to say hello.

I just love him. I like to be around him. As much fun as I know I'll have next week on my cruise, I'd really rather be going with him.

No comments: