Saturday, June 16, 2007

And She's Off!

I can't believe it. I actually did it. I was packed for this trip before 8 p.m.

That is unheard of. And we had two separate, very long trips to pack for. Usually I'm up until 1 a.m. the night before a trip desperately trying to pull a few outfits together. Not this time.

We rock.

With just a few hours to go until we drop my husband off at the airport for his deployment, I am very proud of how we made it through this stressful time together.

Experienced military wives know that you usually face at least one big fight right before a deployment. Psychologist say that it is easier to leave or say goodbye to someone when you are mad at them. Plus, the stress of packing and planning can wear on even the best relationships.

But we got through it with our team intact and relatively happy.

Hopefully our goodbyes won't be too hard. And then the kids and I are off for Massachusetts.

Wish me luck. Twenty-eight hours driving with two kids and a dog. Woo hoo!

And she's off!

No comments: