Thursday, June 03, 2004

My Husband's Big Gay Road Trip

My husband finally called me at about 12:30 a.m. last night. At first I thought he had maybe read my blog and was looking for some hot phone action. But, no. That was just the first time he'd been able to get a minute to call.

He was so adorable and cute on the phone last night. He cracked me up. I'm not sure how well it translates to the written word though, especially since, like most couples, we have our own language. But here's trying.

He and his friends went on a road trip last weekend. All six of them stayed in one hotel room. They had two full beds and one fold-out full couch.

Me: You guys must have gotten cozy.
Him: Well yeah. But they're so stupid. Two of them slept on the floor instead of sharing a bed.
Me: But you shared a bed?
Him: Yeah. Me and Jag shared the pull out couch.
Me: Did he care?
Him: No. We just both wanted to go to sleep and could care a less. Those guys are so homophobic.
Me: Really? Are you? (Now, I know the answer to this question, but I wanted to hear what he'd say.)
Him: No. I've known too many gay men in my life to be homophobic.
Me: Really? Who?
Him: All of those friends of my mother's. Friends of yours. (This reminded me that when we first got together in 1989, he had just lost a couple of family friends to AIDS.) And I would have shared a bed with any of them the same as I shared a bed with Jag.
Me: Knowing those guys, they teased you about it.
Him: No, but it was pick on Tuna weekend. Especially when I got hit on by Superman.
Me: What?!

Again, I thought he was making a reference to my post about how hot he is, but no. He actually was hit on by Superman.

They went down to the Chinese Theatre to see the stars.

He told me, "They had these costumed characters out front. I noticed that Superman was looking at me, so I looked back and he made eye contact with me. He smiled and nodded so I did too. Then he looked me up and down. He was checking me out the whole time we were there. I turned to ElGuapo and said, 'Superman was checking me out!' And ElGuapo said, 'Superman was checking you out!'"

Ha ha. My man is hot enough for Superman. Neener neener. This cracked me up, because my husband was probably flirting right back without even realizing it. That's just him.

So we went on to talk about my friends and gossip and what have you. He asked if I had talked to AH in a while, and I told him that I haven't even heard from her since the last day of ballet class. "Must feel good," was his response. And he's right. But between my friends moving away and my friends driving me crazy, I'm running out of friends.

Me: I don't have any friends, you know.
Him: You've got me.
Me: That's right. That's all I need. Sometimes, though I wish I had a girlfriend as close as a sister. You know. Someone I can talk about sex and stuff with. I can't exactly tell CB about my horniness problems.
Him: Yes. Thank you for that. But you have your blog. I'm sure you talk all about your horniness there.

Okay. Now I'm convinced he's read my blog recently, considering what I wrote yesterday. But he says he hasn't. He says that he just knows me that well. He said, "I know the way you get and I know the way you write." And he does, so I can't argue with that.

When I write it all out like that, it doesn't sound half as cute or funny. But it was almost 1 a.m. and I was probably punchy. He says he's making big plans for when I come out to visit. And then he asked me my bra size. I wonder how those things are related. I can't wait! One week and one day! Time flies when you're as horny as I am.

No comments: