Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tuna School of Dramatic Arts

Today for the first time ever, I considered what it would be like to home school my kids.

We had such a great day. The kids were out of school for parent/teacher conferences. But we're the only school in the area that does this. So it was like the kids and I had the world all to ourselves.

We slept late, or at least I did. We packed up some sandwiches and had a picnic lunch at the park. We went to the library and picked out books. We practices violin. All of us. Happily. We cleaned the house including windows. And we took my daughter to ballet class and an evening soccer game.

We were so happy. The kids even exclaimed, "You were so nice today, Mom!"

Okay, okay. We stopped at Target on the way home from soccer to return some clothes and buy a birthday gift. And I may have bought them each a toy and Daddy a Shuffle. But still. I don't think I had to resort to bribery for them to say I was nice.

If I home schooled, I'd never have to worry about another report card day or parent/teacher conference. If only home schooling didn't involve me having to actually teach them anything.

I suck at that.

Now if only I had sex planned into my evening it would be the perfect day.

Oh, wait! I do!

Does life get any better than this?

No comments: