Friday, January 04, 2008

And you thought I was done?

Mark asks an interesting question over at his blog.

What was the best and worst part of 2007 for you?

Obviously, the worst part of 2007 for me was having my husband spend half the year in Iraq.

And then I'm stuck. Nothing sticks out in my mind as being especially great about this past year. I can't even claim that his homecoming is the best part of 2007 because he won't be here for a couple more days.

Luckily I have a handy naval-gazing list of how I spent at least the last few months right here on my blog.

I guess the best thing about this past year was finally getting some friends up to stay at our house on Cape Cod. Patrick, Jase, Jase's beau, and our friend C all joined me for a daily drive to Provincetown back in July. The guys seemed to all have fun, but my husband's absence was palpable to me. And whenever I'm in that house I go crazy wishing it were "finished" and didn't still look like a grandma was in residence. Still. It was fun. I hope to have more friends up in the future.

And I must add, that although we were apart for most of it, 2007 was a very good year for my marriage. We love and understand each other more than ever.

All this naval-gazing has given me a crick in the neck and I'm quite sick of myself, thank you very much. So how about you?

What was the best and worst part of 2007 for you?

No comments: