Friday, August 29, 2008

A Good Day

Yesterday was so great!


First off, I got mail!




Here's a little sumptin' sumptin' from his highness the Cheap Blue Guitar.




How fun! My daughter is completely convinced that it was all meant for her. But I'm the hottie in this family.


There's nothing better than getting real mail.


Then, right before I left the house to pick up the kids, these were delivered from my husband.




Awww. Aren't they nice? Happy Anniversary to me. (I got him chocolates. And I haven't even eaten any of them.)


And finally, late, late, late Wednesday night (Thursday morning really) I got an e-mail from the music academy people asking me if the kids could each play a solo violin piece for their new parent and student orientation.


So I took them over there last night and they totally rocked it! Seriously. They were both flawless. And they did an impromptu question and answer session with the parents.


A parent asked them what was their favorite thing about violin. My daughter answered, "My favorite thing is to play in front of people." And my son answered, "I like to practice!" which made everyone chuckle.


The same parent asked what was their least favorite thing. My son immediately answered that he didn't like the very first part of practice (which would be scales). My daughter added, "I don't like getting up at 6 every morning to practice." My son popped in with a heartfelt, "Me too!" and everyone chuckled again.


My son is such the little comedian. He's just naturally funny and hasn't gotten obnoxious with it yet. (Note to self: watch for that.)


One of the teachers there gushed to my husband about what great kids they are. And their new school teachers have been very positive. My son's teacher told me he is the most polite little boy she has ever met.


All in all, I couldn't be more proud.


It was a good day.

No comments: