Friday, September 19, 2008

Some Random Hawaiin Reference Here

When I was a kid, my parents went to Hawaii on a credit union trip and left my brother and I home alone. They said the trip was "no kids" and at 16 and 12 we were responsible enough to take care of ourselves.

Then all their credit union cohorts brought their kids. Many of whom were my friends.

We got so screwed.

When I was in high school my mother took my grandmother to Hawaii. And when I was in college my parents went there again in conjunction with a cruise.

I've still never been.

It's been a running joke in my family for years, how I always get left behind.

So kind of as a joke, when my kids asked what we could maybe do as a reward if they practice violin for 365 days in a row, my husband offered, "How about a trip to Hawaii?"

We're on day 91 and the kids are already making Hawaiian plans.

But here's the kicker. My husband told me last week that he's leaving for Hawaii on Saturday.

Fucker. He's killing me. Soon he'll have been to two of the places I want to go to worst in the world (London and Hawaii) without me. *pout*

Oh sure, he's also been to Iraq and Afghanistan. But still.

So the kids and I are rather put out. But I have a feeling we'll be practicing violin every single day for 274 more.

No comments: