Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mondo Beyondo

I love this idea which I found through sweet Brian.

Mondo beyondo! It is similar to a bucket list, but it is beyond. It is beyond new year's resolutions. Andrea of Superhero Journal explains it here.

"This is the list of things that are outrageous, wild, and may not even happen for 5 or 10 years from now. This is the list of things that are SO JUICY and unlikely to happen that you are afraid to even write them down. This might be the most important list of all!"

Afraid? Did she say afraid?

Hell yeah, I am. I'm scared to death.

I could easily write a list of "I need to lose weight" and "I need to clean my house" but those are easy. Anyone who looks at me can tell that I need to do those things. But they don't inspire me.

So what does? Do I have the guts to go Mondo Beyondo? Let's see.

1. I will write a book and find someone who believes in it and has the power to get it made.

2. I will create a home that I love. I will create a place that I love to come home to.

3. I will learn to play the piano.

4. I will make a circle of friends who feel comfortable together and love each other.

5. I will play and have fun with my husband!

6. I will travel to Europe.

7. I will find ways to empower my kids.

8. I will find the right place to volunteer, even if it means creating a charitable organization mysef.

You know, the truth is that none of those things are so hard. Other people do them all the time. The only hard thing is overcoming my own fear of failure.

How very FDR of me.

No comments: