Monday, February 09, 2009

Shhhhh

I really appreciate silence. More than most people, I think.

I will not listen to things that I can read. I'm not a fan of NPR, not because I'm not interested in the news, but because I'd rather read it. I don't like podcasts or audio books. I can't stand electronic people yammering at me.

And while I could chat with my best friends forever, I can't stand the idol gossip and chit chat of people I don't know.

I have television shows I like to watch, but I prefer the volume to be at a sedate 5 or 6. When I watch T.V. with other people, they blare it way too loud and complain that I have supersonic hearing.

But I'll crank the radio up in the car if I'm going to sing along. I don't want to hear my own voice.

So, how is it that I would birth two children who never shut up. Never, ever, ever.

(If you think I'm exaggerating, come take a car ride with us. I'm not sure how they manage to breathe.)

No comments: