Saturday, September 04, 2004

Babies No More

Does anyone remember my own personal Independence Day? Well, today we've taken it to a whole new level.

As of about an hour ago, when my husband carried a changing table down the stairs, my household is completely free of baby paraphanalia.

No more highchairs. No more baby seats. No more changing tables.

I've given away the crib and all the baby clothes. There may be a few baby toys hidden at the bottom of the toy box, but by the end of the weekend they'll be on their way to charity.

To celebrate, we hired a babysitter and we're going on a date. We can't decide if we want to go to a movie or shopping for a new truck and a new diamond ring. I'm all for the ring shopping, but we'll see. We have to save for college, you know. It seems like they'll be moving into the dorm in the blink of an eye.

Oh, and all you drunk boys. Please try not to scare my babysitter, hmmm. We really like her and we'd like to keep her around.

No comments: