Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My Blog About Blogging

Do you guys go through cycles with your blog? It seems like there are times when I feel really good about my blog and the whole blogging experience in general. And there are times where I feel really awful about it.

I mean, this is my life, you know? And I'm putting it out there for the whole world (okay, maybe not the whole world, but all of you at least) to read daily. These are the people I love. How do they come across in the blog as a whole?

I think the worst thing about blogging is how it immortalizes a fleeting moment's emotions for all time. But that's the best thing too. I've never kept any kind of journal before and I find it sort of nice to have a record of my thoughts and feelings.

Right now I feel really, really awful about my blog. But yet, here I am, typing away, sharing my crappy feelings with you. Why? Why the hell do I feel compelled to do this?

I wouldn't give up the people for anything, though. I've met some wonderful people through blogging. I've even made some great friends.

But the way I feel right now--if I could chuck the blog and keep the people, I would.

I know it's a cycle. I'm not going to stop blogging, for now anyway, and I know that a few days or weeks down the line, I'll feel great about it again. But for now, you get to read whining posts like this.

Am I alone in this? Does everyone else go through cycles? Or is it just me?

No comments: