Thursday, September 02, 2004

Two Posts in One Day

Shocking, I know. But I feel the need to talk a little bit more about the post I wrote earlier today.

First of all, thank you for the comments, e-mails, IM and text messages (and just moments ago a lovely drunk dial from these two). I can't tell you how much that means to me. And thanks especially to Jenn. Let me tell you guys, as an Army wife, she has it way harder than me. Army deployments are longer and the conditions are much worse. While my husband sits in his nice comfy plane and sleeps in a nice comfy bed, those Army guys are really putting themselves on the line. And their families are true heroes.

And I should also tell you that I don't feel that way on a daily basis. In fact, I hardly ever feel that way. One of my new favorite people asked me just the other day how I do it, and I told him that it is just a part of life. I don't think about it. And I don't, most of the time.

But there is something about seeing or reading about POWs that just gets to me. I can watch a hundred planes go down in flames, and it doesn't bother me. I can even watch military funerals with only a few sniffles. But I think having someone I love become a Prisoner of War is my absolute worst nightmare.

But here's what is amazing to me. In my pre-blogging days when I got something in my mind like this, I would think about it, and think about it. It would keep me up for a few nights, and then I'd move on.

Now, I sit down for just a few minutes, type out the way I feel, send it out to the blogging cosmos, and I'm moving on so much more quickly. Add to that the heap of positive vibes from all of you, and man. I couldn't stay melancholy if I wanted to.

I actually thought about deleting that post, even though I've never done that before, because I really don't feel that way anymore. It sounds so blah, blah, blah, poor me, poor me, poor me. Yuck. Blech. I'm so sick of myself.

But I guess that it is still a pretty good representation of how I was feeling at that moment in time. It was a fleeting moment in time, but it was still real.

So yeah. More blah, blah, blah.

So, AH's husband is coming home this weekend. And CB's (and a bunch of others) is coming home next week. But a bunch more of our friends will be deploying this week, and the cycle goes on. My husband got left out of this cycle. Um...yay! He'll be up for a holiday deployment, but we'll deal with that if and when it happens.

Right now, all I really feel is lucky, happy, and hopeful. Taps is playing across the base right now. It always comforts me.

No comments: