Friday, April 16, 2004

Ego Boost

My husband has decided to try growing his hair back. He first shaved it while he was deployed about a year ago and now he's getting sick of having to shave it every few days. I still don't know how I feel about it.

So we were sitting on the front steps tonight. The kids were playing in the yard and the weather was beautiful. I was checking out his hairline and his sudden infusion of gray, when I caught my own reflection in his sunglasses. I've developed some allergies and I haven't slept much in a few days and I look awful.

Me: God, I'm ugly.

Him: You're not that ugly.

**stunned pause**

Him: Wait! That didn't come out right! I mean...you're beautiful. You know you're beautiful. I mean...umm...sorry. Can I go buy you some ice cream?

You gotta love the big lug.

No comments: