Thursday, September 16, 2004

Ice Cream Coffee

With all the excitement over fag hags yesterday, I completely forgot about my Wives' Coffee.

Yes, folks, another month has come and gone. Since you all seemed so interested in my monthly spouses' coffee last month, I thought I would convey the highlights of this month's meeting.

  • CB and I were a half hour late because she had to breastfeed her son.
  • The theme was Make-Your-Own Sundaes.
  • They actually served coffee.
  • I didn't see anyone drink it.
  • I was standing across the table from the hostess as she was scooping ice cream and was suddenly sprayed in the face with ice cream droplets.
  • No one noticed until I said, "Ah! Jess, you got me."
  • Then they realized that I even had ice cream in my hair.
  • I flirted with the only male in attendance.
  • Okay, he was 10-weeks-old and could barely keep his head up, but I had fun making him smile.
  • Which distracted me from their droning on about car accidents, Christmas parties, and babies.

See. Glamorous. Isn't it?

The true highlight of the night for me was listening to CB tell everyone about our cruise. Her husband surprised her with the tickets a couple of nights ago. She is absolutely ecstatic over it. It's all the two of us can talk about. She announced to everyone, "We won't be at the next coffee, girls. We'll be out of the country!"

Oh, and I wore jeans.

*****

In other news, my cruise won't be the only independent traveling I do this year. Come hell or high water, I will be in NYC for the first weekend in December. Woo hoo! This will be my first real trip to New York. (A day trip with my high school class doesn't count.) Who's going to hold my hand?


No comments: