Monday, October 25, 2004

What's that smell?

This weekend, my house smelled like shit.

You know how sometimes you walk into your own house and are dismayed to find that it smells bad, only to spend a few hours in your home and completely get used to it.

Yeah. That's not what happened.

This was a shitty smell that there was just no getting used to.

So I spent my weekend on the hunt for the source of the smell. My son is still working on potty training, and he still wears diapers to bed, but I couldn't find an improperly disposed of diaper anywhere.

My daughter had a mysterious wet spot on her bed. She's a little old for accidents, but you never know. Except that it seemed like just clear water. She was evasive when I questioned her.

But this smell seemed to emanate from the upstairs bathroom. It was when I finally decided to check the trash for used toilet paper that I found it.

A piece of poo.

Just sitting there in the bottom of the trash bin.

No one is claiming it. But I have an idea of where it may have come from.

I've decided that this mysterious piece of poop is a metaphor for my life.

No comments: