Monday, May 08, 2006

Counting Days

You just have to make it through May 6.

You just have to make it through May 6.

You just have to make it through May 6.

That's what I've been telling myself for a couple of months now.

Oh, hey! Look at that date up there. It is May 8. I made it through May 6.

And nothing is any better.

Saturday was the culmination of a year's worth of over-committing, of over-scheduling, of over-doing every thing. We had ballet dress rehearsal, swim class, music graduation, violin recital, and a ballet recital all in one jam packed day.

I barely made it through. The kids were happy though, and that's what matters.

But I have been so looking forward to May 7 for so long. And now nothing really is much better. New commitments replace the old. New stressors come as old stressors go.

I need a vacation.

Oh, wait. I'm getting one. Thank all that is good and holy!

What? Have I not mentioned this?

I'll be going to GBNYC3 this June. And I can't wait.

My husband is going on a long work trip (Don't worry. He'll be in the states and having fun.) so the kids and I leave for Cape Cod on May 27. The kids are spending the first weekend of June with their grandparents. And I'll be partying it up with the likes of him, him, him and even him.

I just have to make it to May 27.

I just have to make it to May 27.

I just have to make it to May 27.

No comments: