Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Winnings

I've been walking around these past couple of days feeling like I've won the lottery. I keep finding myself grinning for no apparent reason.

First of all, my Man of Few Words called on our anniversary and we were able to talk for almost an hour! And we really talked, about everything and nothing. I love him so much.

Then someone very special to me who can talk for ages but never puts anything in writing sent me an incredibly sweet card. That put a smile on my face.

Yesterday my children each played a violin solo at an orientation for their program. Of the hundred odd kids in the program, only five were asked to play. And my kids were two of them. Let me tell you, they weren't really asked to play for their perfect technique, because they don't have it. They were asked to represent the program because of who they are.

As much as I can sometimes struggle with my kids, they each have a wonderful and unique personality. I couldn't be prouder.

I am consumed with feelings of thankfulness right now. God, I am so incredibly lucky. That just may be a recurring theme around these parts.

I've won the best lottery of all. The lottery of life.

No comments: