Friday, August 31, 2007

She Done Lost Her Mind

When the sun shines
We'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath imma stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella

These fancy things, will never come in between
You're part of my entity, here for infinity
When the war has took it's part
When the world has dealt it's cards
If the hand is hard, together we'll mend your heart

--Rhianna

Yes, I've reverted to posting song lyrics on my blog. There could be a few possible reason for this.

A) I could be on such a post-PMS high that I'm feeling like belting out pop tunes at the top of my lungs. Even pop tunes by oversexualized teenagers. (Aren't they all?) I may just want to throw my arms in the air and twirl around proclaiming my love for the world.

B) I could have this song stuck on replay in my brain and I'm trying to extricate it by inflicting it upon you, my blog readers.

C) I'm trying to be cryptic and mysterious.

D) I could have gotten to that place where every damn lyric on the radio means something to me. You know what I mean. It usually happens to most people when they fall in love, or are getting married or are breaking up. For me it happens during deployments.

There was that horrible phase I went through with I'm Already There. I had to take that one off my iPod because it cant still make me cry. And there was a whole year when 3 Doors Down could get me going at the drop of a hat. They seemed to put out an entire album intent on making military wives cry.

E) I could be that hard up for blog material. I could have completely run out of anything to say.

The answer is...

F) All of the above.

No comments: