Friday, June 20, 2008

It's a MoBlog! With Pictures

Sort of.

I'm blogging from my back deck while I watch the kids swim in the pool. (One of those cheap above ground numbers you can buy at Target.)

I'd be blogging on my husband's laptop and our spiffy new wireless connection but he took it with him on his week-long trip back to the bayou.

He left me here with two bored kids who only want to swim. I can't leave them in the pool unsupervised so I'm stuck out here on the deck.

Meanwhile, I got two boxes unpacked in the last two days. That's right. Count 'em. Two.

Thank god for soccer camp next week.

I guess the forced rest is kind of nice. It is beautiful here. Too bad gazing at the beautiful landscape only makes me stress about maintaining it.

And there are a lot of bugs. Bugs ruin everything. I'm such an indoor girl.

In other news, I've realized that my skin is more pale than a Band Aid.

Maybe some time communing with the bugs and plants wouldn't kill me.



Update: How about some pictures?





The back deck featuring the umbrella my daughter's class made for the school auction (lovingly referred to as the thousand dollar umbrella).





From the side toward the front.





One side





The Cherry trees across the back





The back corner and the cheap pool. I hope we'll have the inground put in by next summer.


The house from the backyard


Across the back toward the other side.


Back toward the deck.


The other side yard and a half-put-together trampoline. The trampoline might move to the other side and a playset might go here.


From the front to the back.

What do all of these pictures have in common. They all have plants in them that I have no idea how to take care of!

No comments: