Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Dog Gone It

I live on a military base. My neighborhood is all historic homes, with tree-lined sidewalks, so there's a lot of pedestrian traffic. I glanced out my kitchen window last night and noticed two guys running by my house. They were nice to look at, so I sort of stopped and looked again. Only to find my dog running behind them.

My kids were busy eating so I shot out the front door yelling his name. You can get in trouble on base for letting your dog run loose, and he's my husband's baby, so I felt some real panic. I'm sure it showed in my voice. The dog, a husky, turned and looked at me and kept running. Which is pretty typical of my dog. But I couldn't go after him and leave the kids in the house alone. So I headed back through the house to the back yard to see how he had gotten out of the fence. Only to find my big, fat, obnoxious dog sitting there, looking at me like I was crazy.

I'm sure he's not the only one who thought I was crazy. I was chasing after someone else's dog! I'm such a dork. This is how my life has been going lately.

No comments: