Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I wasn't always this stupid.

First of all, I should let you all know that we're fine. I've received quite a few e-mails and phone calls checking up on me and I really appreciate it.

We don't actually live near where Katrina hit. In fact, the skies have been sunny and cloudless for the last couple of days here. Our town is full of evacuees and my heart goes out to them.

I didn't blog yesterday, and I don't have a real post for you today because I'm not feeling well.

On Sunday night, I did something I haven't done in a long time. I cooked a real meal. I made chicken enchiladas from this recipe.

They turned out delicious (if I do say so myself). I had a couple and my husband ate (maybe) five of them.

And then I spent the evening in pure agony. Besides being haunted by freaky dreams, my stomach felt like the Wiggles were dropping acid in my digestive track.

My husband was fine. So, I went out on a limb and decided that it wasn't the enchiladas that made me ill.

So what did I have the next day for lunch? The last enchilada. And I spent another whole day sprinting between my bed and the toilet.

I swear, I used to be smart.

Disclaimer: I'm sure it was the cook and her sensitive stomach and not the enchilada recipe itself that is to blame. No, really. You should try it. Let me know how you make out.

No comments: