Monday, August 15, 2005

Divorce is So Funny

My husband went shopping at the commissary yesterday. When he got home we had this conversation.

Him: I ran into our neighbor.
Me: Which one?
Him: The one from next door.
Me: Well that narrows it down.
Him: (pointing) That one. They thought you had left me.
Me: What!?
Him: Yeah. Isn't that funny?
Me: No! They actually said that?
Him: Yeah, she said, "We hadn't seen your wife this summer and we thought she might have left you." (laughing)
Me: Great. That's really funny. Our parents think I'm cheating on you and the neighbors think I left you.
Him: (giggling)

We joke about each other's boyfriends and girlfriends all the time. Recently, when my guy really sucked on the firing range he said, "Well, your boyfriends will be safe when they come over our house. I couldn't hit the side of a barn."

We can joke about it because we're very secure with each other. But to have the neighbors think I had left him...that just made me really sad.

When I started to cry he apologized for thinking it was funny. You know, I've mentioned here before, you should never joke about infidelity.

No comments: