Friday, May 07, 2004

Sneaky Boy

Late Wednesday night, I happened to check out my site meter stats, just to see what was up. And I noticed that I had been at my site at about 10:30 p.m. Except, wait. I wasn't online at 10:30. My husband was on the computer at 10:30. You see where this is going, don't you?

But, as is usual with me, there's a story.

So I mentioned to him earlier that day that I had hit 1,000 visits on my blog. His response was, "When am I going to get to read it?" We ended up talking about it for a while, and he admitted that it bothered him that I didn't want him to read it. Now, if truth be known, I think he's just curious, but he doesn't want to break his word, so he was giving me a compelling reason to tell him to read it.

In the end, I told him my address. He thought Tuna Girl was a pretty funny title for me. He's the only one who probably thinks it's funny though.

Then he said he was going to work on his paper and wouldn't have time to read it tonight anyway. When I heard him go to bed, I went up and asked him if he had checked out my blog. He said, "No. I told you I wouldn't have time. I'm busy with my paper."

Okay. I understand that. I'm a little relieved. Then I go and check my site stats.

He lied to me. He LIED to me. We don't do that.

So I went right to the bedroom and informed him that I knew he was looking at my blog. He turned bright red and gave me some excuse about not wanting to stress me out over his reading it.

He LIED to me.

Now, that sounds pretty dramatic (at least dramatic for our standards) but mostly I was just teasing him about it. I thought I would feel like I am "writing on egg shells" as Mark put it. But I actually feel kind of free. I'm not used to keeping things from him.

I think as a punishment for lying, I'll make him guest blog sometime. Would you find that interesting? He'll have to decide about posting his own naked pictures though. (Sorry, David.)

Oh, by the way. His opinion of my blog: "You sound just like you do when you can't sleep at night." I think he means that I'm rambling. Hmmm. He only read this week's posts though. Oh! And he said I'm a freak. Why? "Did you read your own fucked up dating history?"

Hey! I don't think it's that bad.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: