Monday, July 05, 2004

Damn You, Famous Author Rob Byrnes, Damn You

I haven't slept at night for the past three days. I'm tired and cranky and keep dozing off around noon. And I blame this all on you, Famous Author Rob Byrnes.

Let me explain.

A few days before my vacation, I received one of those lovely Amazon boxes. Inside were The Night We Met and Trust Fund Boys, both by Rob Byrnes. There may have been some little book by this guy named David Sedaris too, but that is hardly worth mentioning.

So I may be a little late to the party, but I thought I could begin The Night We Met a couple of days before my trip, and finish it up during my flight. But no. Rob sucked me in, damn it. I was drawn in by the characters, and propelled by the plot, and I stayed up one whole night straight to finish. Which left me nothing to read on the plane, and tired and cranky in Sin City.

Then I spent a week in Disney World and came home to Trust Fund Boys. I swore that I would pace myself this time. A few chapters while the kids nap. A few chapters before bed. But Rob sucked me in, again. I lost another night's sleep, and now I'm cranky girl again.

So damn you, Famous Author Rob Byrnes. Damn you for writing engaging books with absorbing characters and enough romance to suck me into an interesting plot.

I'm probably the last one in the blogosphere to read these books. But if you haven't yet, you should. Just make sure you schedule your time better than me.

No comments: