Wednesday, July 21, 2004

It's My Life, Y'all

Talking about sex in public is like talking about religion in public.  They both make me feel queeby, after the fact.  Not that I regret it, just that I wonder where the hell I was going with it all in the first place.

But do you know what makes me feel queebier?  Having to sit in a small waiting room filled with Southern stage moms for an hour and having to listen to them talk.  Oh.  Dear.  Lord. 

My daughter has dance camp every night this week.  I have heard the Southern mothers pontificate on everything from spanking to cats and I can't take it anymore.  I asked, or actually begged, my husband to take her last night, but he claimed to want to have time to bond with the boy.  Yeah right.

Last night I asked my husband if he would please jam screwdrivers into my ears before her next class.  This may be the only solution.  I bring a book and bury my nose but that can't keep out those twangy whines.

And why are random people always asking me for parenting advice.  Do I look like Dr Spock?  Can't they see that I'm trying to read a romance novel here?  Do I tell my kids, "no."  Hell yeah.  Do I make them say, "Yes, ma'am."  Well, I make them say, "Yes, Mommy," since this isn't a prison.  Do I spank them?  I've never had to.  And I never would.  You raise them right and it's not even an issue.

Anyone want to trade lives with me?  Just for the evenings for a week.  My daughter's really cute and well behaved.  And she can dance up a storm.  I could go to your house and do whatever it is that you do.  I'm prepared.  Come on.  Deliver me from evil Southern stage mothers. 

I'm begging here.

No comments: