Tuesday, July 06, 2004

My World is Closing In

I'm having one of those weeks. And it's only Tuesday. I am feeling very stressed, and I don't really have a good reason why. My husband has a bunch of stressful stuff going on and I think I'm experiencing his stress by proxy.

Speaking of stress, I was reading Men's Health last night and they have an entire section on stress, including some interesting stuff from a former POW and other military folks. I stopped and asked my husband if he was feeling a lot of stress. He said he was so I asked him if his job stresses him. He said yes, but it wasn't very convincing. So I asked if his family stresses him and he said, "Well, not the family, just you."

I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. He refused to talk about it so late at night (understandably) but I just had to ask if I stress him out more than his job. He said yes.

So he goes to combat for a living. He has one of the highest stressing jobs in the world. He just completed training that rivals Navy SEAL training in intensity. But I stress him out more. I'm not feeling very good about myself right now.

I feel like my physical surroundings are closing in on me. Like the clutter and mess in my house is about to wrap around me like a boa constrictor and eat me alive. If I don't get out of here soon (damn rain and record heat) I am going to go insane.

Speaking of clutter...

I snapped a few photos in my office, just to try out my new Media Center PC, and this picture struck me as funny. It's a pretty good illustration of my, um, eclectic personality. And notice how Trust Fund Boys is rubbing right up against Officers in Flight Suits. Mmm hmmm. That's what I'm talking about. Posted by Hello


No comments: