Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Day 5 and Counting

In bed last night...

Me: Are we ever going to have sex again?
Him: Huh?
Me: Well, you know once you reject me, I get all shy. So you'll have to be the one to initiate.
Him: Huh what?
Me: You know. Sex. That thing we're not doing. I asked and you turned me down, so now it's your turn to ask.
Him: I vaguely remember that.
Me: You vaguely remember turning me down for sex?
Him: Sort of. *pause* Does this mean you want to have sex? *dubious look*
Me: Not unless you're going to be enthusiastic about it.

So, we're on day five. But at least we talked about it, right?

I am in a very weird mood today. I get like this sometimes. I just feel embarrassed. I basically feel embarrassed to be alive. I feel like everything I say and do is dorky and embarrassing. Did I mention that I feel embarrassed?

*****

So a couple of nights ago, I was messing around on the computer when my husband came and said, "Come here. You've got to hear this."

I had put my kids to bed at the regular time, but my daughter had gotten in big trouble. She keeps getting out of bed and getting toys to play with. So I said, "No more toys in bed!" That included stuffed animals and the like.

It was about 8 o'clock when my husband got me. She had been in her room for at least an hour, and she was mad. We sat on the top of the stairs and listened to her ranting. It cracked us up.

"This is no fun. No fun at all.
I miss my animals, and my animals miss me.
I need them. And they need me. All of them.
I'm too little not to sleep with a stuffed animal.
Maybe six year-olds sleep without animals, but NOT ME!
They always say, 'Don't do this and don't do that and don't do this and don't do that.'
This is no fun! This reminds me of when I was a baby!
I need my animals 'cause I'm a scaredy cat.
They don't think I'm sweet anymore. I used to be special.
I'm going to go tell them the truth. I'm a scaredy cat.
My animals need me.
This is no fun. No fun at all."

She opened her door and saw us sitting there.

"Daddy! I need to go potty!"

Yeah right. We're the worst parents ever.

No comments: