Thursday, August 12, 2004

Just Because I'm a Mom

On Monday, my daughter starts kindergarten. It is extremely hard to believe that she is old enough for kindergarten already. It seems like just yesterday that she was screaming in her crib.

Since she turned five, she has been doing and saying some different things. She has an inexhaustible supply of questions. Everyone says that it is great that she is inquisitive, but they don't have to explain why oysters make pearls and clams don't.

Now she has an imaginary friend. I really expected her to have one a long time ago. She always pretends to be playing with friends, but this is the first imaginary friend who has made multiple appearances.

Apparently, his name is Orto. He switches her shoes to the wrong feet. He's afraid of thunder, which is why she just had to stay up and reassure him last night. And he knocks over lamps.

And so it begins. *huge sigh*

She's cute and all, but man is she trying my patience.

She likes to look at our wedding pictures and she's always planning her own future.

Her: Why can't I be a flower girl in a wedding?
Me: Because we don't have anyone close to us who is getting married.
Her: Maybe when my cousins are grown up I can be their flower girl.
Me: Well, but you're older than them. You'll be a grown-up by then.
Her: Well, than maybe I'll marry my cousin.
Me: You can't marry someone in your family. You know we've talked about that.
Her: Than I'll find my own man to marry.
Me: That's right.
Her: But if I marry a boy, I'll have to kiss him! Yuck!
Me: When you're a grown-up you'll want to kiss a boy.
Her: No I won't. Boys are icky.
Me: You kiss your brother.
Her: But he's a baby.
Me: You kiss Daddy.
Her: But he's my Daddy.
Me: I kiss Daddy.
Her: Ooooh! Mommmmmmy!

And here's a little something to brighten my day.

Just because it makes me happy. Posted by Hello

No comments: