Tuesday, August 31, 2004

And we're back to sappy.

Thirty-two years ago today, my life was irrevocably changed for the better. Now, I know I was just a little mass of dividing cells at the time, but that doesn't matter.

Thirty-two years ago today, my husband was born.

What could I possibly say to the man who shares my life on his birthday?

How could I possibly express my pride and love for the man he is?

A man who is first and foremost a husband and father. A man who can calm our children's fears in just a few words in a way that I never can. A man who supports everything I do, even when I embarrass him on a daily basis.

A man who sacrifices every day to serve his country. A man who would willingly give his life for the country he loves. A man who endeavors, in the most challenging ways, to become a better protector of freedom.

A man who takes his role as son seriously. A man who is so committed to his family, that he holds it together single-handedly.

A man who makes me laugh. And makes me cry. And makes me believe that I can do anything.

Quite simply, I can't express it. Not in words. Not here.

But I can say this:

I love you, Honey. Happy Birthday.

No comments: