Thursday, August 26, 2004

Guilty Pleasures

I seriously considered taking a nap today instead of blogging. Or maybe finally taking that shower I so desperately need. Maybe after reading this post, you'll agree that I should have too. But I couldn't let the Michele/Michelle brouhaha linger at the top of my blog any longer. So today I'm being a blog dork.

You've probably seen this relationship quiz all over the place by now. I just couldn't help but take it. And not too toot my own horn or anything, but it seems pretty accurate, especially considering my recent marital humor.

eXpressive: 7/10
Practical: 7/10
Physical: 4/10
Giver: 4/10

You are a XPIT--Expressive Practical Intellectual Taker. This makes you a Manager.

You are cool, thoughtful and intelligent. Your approach and your sense of humor are under-the-radar, your charm is undeniable. You keep everything under control. You have distinctive vocal mannerisms. You may not have much interest in approaching strangers, but when you do, you are successful.

You will probably end up with someone beautiful, fascinating and off-balance. While your partner may steal the limelight, it's you that keeps things running smoothly and provides stability in your relationship. If you are with someone as contemplative and hard-headed as you, you can have a tough time.

Your greatest asset is that you tackle conflict as it rises -- you don't ignore it and let it brew. If you have a partner that *does* let it brew, it will make you crazy! You can find yourself fighting for two -- trying to anticipate your partner's needs and draw their feelings out -- which is exhausting and, well, not your job.

You would never cheat. You would make an excellent spouse. When your spouse's friends met you, they would think, "Crap, why couldn't I get that one?"

Of the 4503 people who have taken this quiz, 5.7 % are this type.

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

And secondly, you've probably seen this around too. Come on. You know you want to do it. What celebrity do you most resemble?

Here's who I look like:

Rachel McAdams
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Tori Spelling

Now, I didn't even know who Rachel McAdams was. I had to look her up. But, hell. If someone wants to compare me to some beautiful teen movie star, I'm not going to complain. But Jennifer Love Hewitt? Ugh. I always thought she was ugly. I have a much better nose than that. And Tori Spelling! Ack! I look like the ugliest pretty girl on 90210!

Maybe I should go take that shower now.

No comments: