Saturday, December 02, 2006

All Too Common

Ha! (Or maybe that should be, "Duh!") I forgot to mention the very reason I had started in with all this late-night, long-winded philosophizing.

The other day, CB e-mailed me about a mutual friend of ours. Her sister had been killed by her husband. Her husband!

Allegedly, he had beat her up over a text message, then made her sleep in the garage. When he went to carry her in the house in the morning (so sweet of him) he couldn't wake her up. So he called 911.

While it is not my place to make suppositions, (will that protect me in a libel case?) I think the truth is somewhere more along the lines of he beat her to death and dumped her body in the garage. But as anyone who watches CSI knows, he was afraid he'd never get away with it. So he dragged her in the house, and started composing his, "It was an accident! I didn't mean to kill her!" story.

How does this happen?

No comments: