Monday, September 25, 2006

What's Up with Me

It's not often that I am quite this tapped out. I feel an update is in order.

Cryptic much? Remember that writing I saw on the wall? Well, yes. I was totally right. Totally and completely right. And I am pissed, but in a different way than I had anticipated. I am mostly resentful and hurt. Even more than I thought I would be. God, how I wish I had been wrong.

Then, remember my broken ring? It turns out that it cannot be fixed. It's actually much more broken than it appears in that photo. It is stretched out and twisted. It is going to have to be replaced. I am a little frustrated that no one can understand how much this hurts me. I don't care if my diamond can be reset. I don't want an upgrade. I want my ring. I think I've actually been grieving for its loss. Though it did make me laugh when my sister-in-law the jewelry designer told my husband, "Have you thought about upgrading her ring? After all, she has put up with you all these years." You've got to love big sisters.

Next, remember how I volunteered to be a chair person on the parents' association at the kids' school. Last year I spent a week working full-time in two food booths at an art fair. This year, my co-chair and I are completely in charge of the booths. This is like running a small business. We have to handle supply and demand and staffing. We have to train volunteers to cook and serve the food. We have to follow health codes. This is worse than having a full-time job, because if I fail, the school loses out on Annual Funds. Last year we raised $16,000. If I don't raise at least $10,000 this year, I will never let myself live it down. Things have been going wrong left and right and my stress level is through the roof. And the damn fair hasn't even started yet. This is my last year as a chair. I swear!

Lastly (for now at least) I have been guest blogging over at Patrick's blog. Guest blogging is hard. Please go over and leave a comment so I don't look like a total dork.

No comments: